Project: SRO is downshifting

This site has been a useful sandbox for me to develop my ideas and my writing but has proven to be terrible positioning and messaging for communicating with the world. People come here and think I am talking about "poverty housing" and homes for the homeless and that's not really what I'm talking about.

Doreen Traylor Designs will be effectively replacing Project: SRO. Although this site has some good bits and pieces, its overall positioning and messaging isn't working as good communication.

SRO stands for Single Room Occupancy. This used to be normal market housing but we have torn down about a million of them in the US since the end of World War II, thus it's a form of housing and a term that are both going extinct.

So people on the internet frequently either don't know the term at all or they associate it with transitional housing for homeless addicts in recovery trying to fix their lives and get back into "real" housing. Trying to say "That's NOT what I mean" has proven to be an uphill and losing battle, so I am starting fresh and trying to not go there this time.